Craftwork Cards Blog

Patchwork Kitsch….

Hello, it’s Enfys here

I recently had a trip to the USA where I bought a Scan N Cut diecutting machine,  (and picked up a nasty ‘plane bug’ on the way home into the bargain) and was intrigued by the quilting patterns built into the machine. I thought some of them would adapt really well as backgrounds for cards, and what better papers to try it out than the fabulous Kitsch collection, where the diecut elements have a hand stitched look.
Here is my first one, all the pieces were stitched with black thread…..

No stitching on this one, just the pattern pieces laid out in a quilt pattern. The sentiment is a Studio G one and I thought the elephant was perfect!

If you don’t have quilt patterns to play with, the collection is still perfect for the patchwork look, I just used the die cut shapes on this one, with a die cut sentiment, this is my favourite colourway, I just love this blue and red together……

I hope I’ve inspired you to play around with some patchwork, I’ll certainly be trying this again. See you again soon

Enfys x

About

10 Comments

1. Carol

12th April 2014 - 6:00 am

How adorable … love the patchwork on these cards. It had to be a lot of work, but they look so fun and creative … especially using these lovely printed papers!

2. Jane

12th April 2014 - 6:55 am

These are stunning x

3. Sue from Wiltshire

12th April 2014 - 7:05 am

Ahh, how sweet. Patchwork is so on trend at the moment. Lovely cards.

4. nannapat

12th April 2014 - 8:42 am

Great cards, love the patchwork and that gorgeous elephant is just so cute dressed up in his Kitsch papers. Pat x

5. Jessica

12th April 2014 - 12:09 pm

Fabulous cards En! Those papers are indeed great for patchwork. What a great butterfly! I have an dear old friend who's name is Ellie, so I'm always using some kind of ellie- phant on her cards 😉 I need to check to see if I have one on my Cricut cartridges.
    Thanks for sharing and thanks for Craftwork for keeping you busy! Hugs, Jess

6. Marilyn

12th April 2014 - 12:26 pm

I love your cards! They're all so different, but still love the attention to detail, colors, etc. When I think of quilt designs I think of country. I think you did an amazing job of not designing with the "country" look! Thank you!

7. S.Bayles

12th April 2014 - 3:18 pm

Enfys .. I love this one with the butterfly on it… I hope to get to try this out soon. It will be at least Monday. Busy weekend and Mom is not doing well today had a bad night. So cute….

8. cardchick's world

12th April 2014 - 6:33 pm

Fabulous Cards!!!luv the patchwork!
    and the pattern paper make iteven more stunning!! the critters are adorable too…thanks for sharing with us…

9. Craftychris

13th April 2014 - 8:12 am

These patchwork designs are fabulous and the papers are stunning! xx

10. marsx

13th April 2014 - 10:21 am

I love Kitsch and these are all fab, love the stitching too! Mars xx